Dr Angelo Rando
Dr Rando founded Gold Coast Hand And Upper Limb Clinic in 2006, it is the longest standing multidisciplinary practice on the Gold Coast treating conditions of the Shoulder, Wrist, Elbow and Hand, including Microsurgery.
Dr Angelo Rando is an Orthopaedic Surgeon who exclusively specialises in disorders of the shoulder, wrist and hand.
He performs arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery.
Arthroscopic surgery for shoulder instability and rotator cuff repairs are key interests of his.
Dr Rando’s expertise in challenging wrist ligament injuries and fractures, come from 15 years working as a specialised upper limb surgeon. This is reflected in his ongoing commitment to research and further education.
Integrity is the essence of everything successful.
Undergraduate – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) awarded 2006
- 2005-2020 Clinical Associate Lecturer.
- Griffith University – Physiotherapy Department
- 1995-2020 Clinical Associate Lecturer.
- University of Queensland – Orthopaedic Department
- 2004 Registrar Training Program Coordinator.
- Queensland Training Program
- 2006 Registrar Training Coordinator
- 2006 – 2020 Gold Coast Hand and Upper Limb Clinic – Director
Specialising in disorders of the hand and upper limb
Level 2 – Building G, Southport Central, 27 Garden Street (carpark entrance via Lawson St) Southport
- 2006 – 2010 Staff Specialist – Trauma and Upper Limb Surgeon
Gold Coast Hospital, Southport Qld
- 2006 – 2020 Gold Coast Hand and Upper Limb Clinic – Private Practice
- Senior Visiting Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon, Gold Coast Private Hospital
- Senior Visiting Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon, Pindara Day Procedure Centre
- Associate Clinical Lecturer, Department of Orthopaedics, Griffith University
- Associate Clinical Lecturer, Physiotherapy, Griffith University
- Member of Australian Medical Association
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of Queensland Hand Society
- Member of Queensland Shoulder and Elbow Society
- Member of Australian Shoulder and Elbow Society
- Member of Australian Hand Society
- Member of European Wrist Arthroscopy Society
- Medical Defence Association of Queensland
Research / Interests
- Acute shoulder dislocations – 6 weeks splinting in 30o external rotation vs internal rotation – 2/5/10 year results
- Re-dislocation rate, MRI confirmation of reduction of Bankart lesion and repeat MRI to show healing of lesion
- Lt ligament injuries association and TFCC tears
- Ulna Carpal instability – as cause of ongoing ulna sided pain following TFCC
- Reconstruction of ulna carpal ligaments – An investigation of new techniques to reconstruct the carpus
- Wrist Aiming Jig Design & prototype testing
- Lunate Replacement – Cadaver Study – Design Concept of circle or anatomical replacement. Effect on carpal mechanics and range of motion
- Outcomes of Biceps tenodesis in shoulders compared to superior labral reconstruction in Minor Shoulder Instability (AIOS) secondary to dysfunctional MGHL and superior labral injuries
- Peelback SLAP lesions association with posterior superior shoulder instability and internal impingement – arthroscopic findings and associated anatomical variants of middle glenohumeralligament
- Motion preserving wrist surgery for arthritis when total wrist fusion indicated – development of new techniques and outcome analysis
- Thumb arthritis – Comparison of the effect of tendon interposition and ligament reconstruction verses tendon interposition and proximal trapeziod resection on patient outcomes (LRTI procedure)